All's Well That Ends Well at Muscoot Farm
ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL by William Shakespeare
This season, Muscoot Farm will present All's Well That Ends Well in our 1900s Dairy Barn. This production will be a fun night of energetic performances, romance, and laughter.
So what's this play all about?
A doctor's orphaned daughter Helena is in love with the Count, Bertram. Being virtuous but "low-born," she seizes an opportunity--in exchange for curing the King of his illness, he grants her a husband of her choosing from the royal court. When she chooses Bertram, he is embarrassed by her low status and runs away from his new wife to fight in the Florentine wars, writing, "Until you wear my ring and bear my child, which shall never come to pass, I have no wife in France." Heartbroken, Helena makes a pilgrimage to lead a devout, unmarried life, but on the way meets Diana, now the object of Bertram's wooing in Florence. Helena and Diana make a plan: Diana will invite Bertram to her room at night, but in the dark Helena takes her place. Hilarity ensues...and after all, ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!
Six performances May 31 - June 9, 2019
Directed by Mary Roberts
- Seating is in a covered barn--performances are rain or shine.
- Arrive up to an hour early to enjoy the grounds for bring-your-own picnicking. There are plenty of picnic tables available.
- The barn has seating- you do not need to bring your own chairs.
- Space is limited--reserve your tickets early!
- We are happy to help you with any special acommodations- just e-mail email@example.com in advance!
- The barn theater is on the main complex, approximately 200 feet from the parking lot.
Muscoot Farm (View)
51 Route 100
Katonah, NY 10536
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|